Be very careful where you use the context menu control in the Toolkit for Windows Phone. I’ve discovered that when used in conjunction a scrolling list it will send the incorrect object to code. This can result in updating the wrong item or displaying results that don’t make sense. The problem is that it works most of the time so it is difficult to provide an example of it failing but I have observed that it is not a reliable control in many situations.
I connected to the ‘Tap’ event and wrote my own popup window to solve the problem in Active Contacts, where I identified the problem. Now I am going back and replacing code in other applications because I have observed it fail in the past but didn’t understand what I was observing. Now that I know, I simply avoid using it.
<tools:ContextMenu Name=”contextMenuMarker” >